Citrus company, founded in 2008, a multifaceted business venture whose main area of activity is: the production of foods based on the renowned citrus fruits of Chios, an island in the eastern Aegean.
Chian history of systematic cultivation and commerce that dates back to the 14th century, Inspired Citrus company. It points on dynamically link the past, present and future of production in the area of Kambos within a cottage industry model. The fruit is used to produce high-quality products with significant nutritional properties, aimed at Greek and international markets.
The Citrus estate, a stunning expanse that dates back to 1742. There is also home to a museum dedicated to the area’s history and the prosperity it experienced thanks to its farms. Tours are also organized so that visitors can learn about the fascinating past and exciting future of Kambos’s tradition.
Citrus company at a glance:
• Cultivates two orchards of different varieties, as well as Chios’s unique mandarins.
• Runs a processing unit to produce artisanal sweets and other products.
• Showcases the history of farming on the island of Chios in a beautiful multi-purpose venue.
• Hosts memorabilia and other archival material relating to the social evolution of Kambos.
• Kampos farming tradition.
• Cultivation methods and commerce in the past and present.
• Casting Kambos as the historical farming community and cultural heritage treasure that it is.